Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Death Duck Exposed

Face it. We are pretty occupied with safety and security in this day and age. Security systems on our homes and our vehicles. Safety gates and monitors for our sweet babies. Paper shredders for documents with personal information. Only using glass to reheat food in the microwave to protect our health.

But, what do you do to make sure that Death Duck doesn't creep through your door innocently looking like . . . dun-dun-DUNN, an naive rubber ducky? Huh?--Speak up! That is what I thought.

Tonight while Everett was sweetly practicing his "Monk washing hands and face" routines during bath time, I noticed something a bit sinister about his sweet "little" yellow rubber ducky. It looked a bit off color.

I compared it to the momma rubber ducky . . . and it still looked off color.

Notice the suspicious spots around the beak. That is what tipped me off in the first place.


The bottom looked pretty gross, too.

It was time to get out the scissors and open up this birdie.
AHA! Just what I thought.
Death Duck is Dead. And don't think that I will spare Fatal Frog if I find him, too.