Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Fertility Quest: The Transfer

The transfer went extremely well today. I love my clinic. I love the booties they make us wear. I love the dentist chair they had me lay in for the procedure . . . it was the most comfortable examination table I have ever had the chance to grace, and grace it, I did.

I loved that the doctor walked us through each step of the process. I love that I did drink enough water for the procedure (a bit too much, in fact). And, since I am loving everything right now, I love my progesterone shots. Actually, I don't. (good try, though, right?)

Thank you to AMY for watching Everett!

Thank you to many of your calls and emails and packages.

I especially want to thank that person who called while we were eating lunch. Your compliments to Erik were such that you raised his spirits immeasurably. Erik is a support to me in all of this, and though we support one another, it was great to have someone call and be Erik's support.

Amazingly, it only took thawing two of the embryos to get two viable embryos. We were astounded at this good fortune. I spend all afternoon in bed and will be in bed tomorrow, too. Sitting in a chair is okay, but for some reason I feel like any time I cough, especially when I am sitting, that I am going to cough the embryos right out of me.

Aside from my cold and ear infection, I've had some cramping and spotting. That is all part of this business.

Now, it is The Wait. It will take several weeks before we are sure whether the embryos implanted or not. I don't know if I will post after each result* or just wait until I know a definite 'yes' or a definite 'no'.

So, to be trite, I'll say, "No news is good news."

*There will be three pregnancy tests (the blood draw type, not the pee on the stick type) and two OB sonograms, one at 6 weeks and one at 8 weeks.