Thursday, March 13, 2008

Fertility Quest: The Blah

(I am not writing this to complain. I am trying to capture a moment in time. It is just that this moment is not high on helium. I am fine. Well, relatively speaking, I am just fine.)

Raising a toddler and going through invitro this time around means "blah, feel yuck, blah all day" and then no sleep at night. Milestones and teething are keeping Everett up.

My body has convinced myself that I am pregnant already because that is exactly what I my life was like when I was pregnant with Everett. Blah all day, no sleep at night. I am snacking all day to cut the nausea and find myself sliding into habits I had when I was pregnant with Everett. I am sure the hormones are contributing to all this.

I had to catch myself at a women's group tonight . . . I almost said, "Yeah, it's time to cut my hair, but I am going to let it grow long in this pregnancy like in my other pregnancy." And, Sheila, what pregnancy are you referring to when you say "this pregnancy"?

Thank you, Erik, for busting out of work (foregoing a fancy work dinner) to watch Everett so that I could go eat dessert with a bunch of ladies.

And, today I decided that a lot of things in life are hard, but eating dessert is easy. Mind you, we can all think of how to make eating dessert hard, but why? Why?

I have to go now. It is time for my cocktail.

Timeline Update: Another check-up tomorrow and if all goes well at this one I start my progesterone injections, aka "constipation causers." I can't wait. Actually, if I could skip one thing or substitute one thing . . . it would be skipping or replacing the constipation. Throwing up is preferable to hemorrhoids (cause I know you want to know that information).




From http://blog.kimvallee.com/