So, Erik and Everett visited the pediatrician this afternoon. Evidently, the medicine that the doctor prescribed for his previous 2 pink eye infections was a bit too light for our heavy weight. So, even though the infection was held at bay, we have new medicine for his pink eye.
And, he has two ear infections. When Erik told me this over the phone, I busted into tears. Sobbing, I said,"I had no idea he was that sick." And, even though Erik gave several reasonable arguments as to why Everett is okay, I am still crying about it. Oh, and the doctor noted that Everett is wheezing a bit. I need one of those stethoscopes so that I can tell just as well as the doctor when Everett is wheezing. But, the antibiotic should take care of that, too.
The crying is that "out of body crying" where I know that Everett will be fine and I don't need to cry over it, but I am crying just the same because I am pumped full of hormones.
And I feel sick. I want my mommy and daddy. Mommy's hands were always cool on my forehead when I was sick, and Daddy always knew how to crack a joke when I was feeling bad.--like the time when we both had the throwing up flu and were sitting on our "sick beds" in the living room . . . and a commercial for peanut butter came on and we both wanted to hurl. Dad is so funny. I don't remember what he said, but I remember laughing and forgetting that I was sick.
Don't worry. Erik is taking great care of all of us. He even brought me roses and York peppermint patties. He has picked up Everett's prescriptions and decided to go to Potbelly's for sandwiches.
Did I mention we were supposed to go to Eastern Market on this bright sunny day? And then putter in the yard enjoying the hundreds of daffodils that have bloomed?
Update on the FET (frozen embryo transfer): My exam yesterday showed a uterus with a thick lining (which is great), but my estrogen level was low (not great and how can it be low with all this crying). But, because the lining looks good, the doctor decided to go ahead with the process. My transfer is on Tuesday. Then bedrest for 24 hours. Then at least two weeks of waiting until the blood draw to check and see if my cryofrozen-Han-Solo babies stuck to that nice lining in the uterus.