Thursday, November 13, 2008

Week 37

from The Bump

"The baby is now FULL-TERM!"


This is the first thing that my OB said to me when he walked into the examination room. He then added, "It must be because you have an EXCELLENT doctor!" He cracks me up.

We are all thrilled to be here. It took effort from lots of people, and I feel very blessed.

I am experiencing painful contractions, compliments of my irritable uterus. I haven't moved from 1 cm in two weeks. So, as I am not on the medication now, we'll see how the next week goes.

Today was VERY liberating as now I can walk, pick things up, move around, carry Everett, all without fear that it will result in pre-term labor. I feel so FREE!

As my OB was leaving the examination room this morning, he turns to me and says,"I'm a little sad. You won't be coming much longer, and I always have a good laugh during our visits."

It is true. I am a delight. He is also a very good doctor.