Monday, November 10, 2008

Our Saturday

Delightful would be the word I would use to describe this past Saturday.

Course, I basically decided much of what we would do--so, I better have enjoyed it. We went to the Original Pancake House--an establishment that we started going to when we were in graduate school while Erik was at the University of Chicago. We hadn't been to one since before I was on bedrest with Everett. The Falls Church location is a bit less, uh, greasy than Hyde Park--but just as delicious.

While waiting for our food, Evy and Dad talked (and drew/colored) our family and talked about how our family will change. (notice Mom's belly). Everett was so sweet listening intently and repeating the things that he understood.


Awhile ago I realized that I am not a fan of leftovers because I don't make my own favorite dishes. So, when it gets to eating it a second time, I just am not motivated. A couple of weeks ago, I started to remedy this and attempted something I like, chicken-n-dumplings . . . mm-mm-good . . . well, my attempt wasn't so good. Erik and Everett lovingly choked it down. The note I left in Erik's lunch a couple of days later said:

Knock, knock!
Who's there?
Orange.
Orange who?
Orange you glad I didn't pack you the chicken-n-dumpling leftovers?

He was.

We had dinner where I could get undeniably great chicken-n-dumplings. The Cracker Barrel. In this picture, Everett is showing off an idea I stole from a sister-in-law. Rowdy toddler ready to go WAY before you have finished eating . . . insert lollipop (or "pop"), it totally works!
And, then, when we were out in the "country" eating my chicken-n-dumplings, we saw the best gas price EVER! (It is around $2.30 in our neighborhood after getting to about $4.30 this summer.)