
Thanks to a couple of angels in my life, I was able to get my crusty, smelly feet attended to recently. This is no small feat (no pun intended) as I can't really reach my feet without feeling like I'll pass out from lack of oxygen and am convinced that my latest snack will resurface.
I don't spend money on myself--and when I received the gift certificate for my birthday, I hoarded it. And, I am so GLAD. I arrived several minutes early for the appointment and sat around reading in the "Relaxation Room" where they bring you drinks and snacks. I leisurely picked out my polish color (anyone with kids knows you use the word leisurely, um, never.)
I used the bathroom, and, get this, the toilet seat was HEATED. I may sound like Hillbilly Bubba's girl when this amazes me, but, seriously, anyone with hemorrhoids (I am sure you are glad I mentioned the 'rroids) or constipation or all ladies recovering from a vaginal birth should be issued one of these by their insurance. Seriously. Part of me just wanted to stay sitting on that heated seat ALL DAY LONG.
In all, it was great, I feel pampered, and my feet smell fresh. My tootsies will be the envy of all in the delivery room.