Monday, November 10, 2008

Chills and Thrills


Though last week was pretty rough contraction-wise, things are starting to settle down. Though I am the one that is pregnant, Erik is the one that is nesting, killing himself to get things ready for when the baby comes. I do what I can, but there isn't much I can do since I am too big to maneuver very well with anything in my hands (my balance is terribly off all the time now.) My attention spans lasts exactly 6.5 seconds. Just enough to start and leave something right in the middle of it being completed. Erik loves that.

Chills
  • Last night our basement flooded. We have a suspicion as to why, but we aren't sure yet. I don't think that I ever mentioned that when I went into labor with Everett (when my water broke), we had three water leaks in the house, all from difference sources, that same week.
  • One false labor alarm, but we were able to see if we had everything lined up.
  • We also realized that Erik needs access to a huge wad of cash if I go into labor while he is at work. Metro isn't quick getting back to Reston and his bus only operates during rush hours. So, we figured the best route for the cab to bring him home (or to the hospital) if he is at work when this starts.
Thrill
  • Everett stayed in nursery all by himself on Sunday for the ENTIRE time and didn't cry one tear (even with a girl constantly following him and demanding kisses). We are thrilled! I wanted him to have some success there before the baby came, and it happened. He jabbered happily all the way home about the "bubbles" that they played with at the end of nursery time.
Not much else to mention, it was a busy but quiet week with nothing too terrible or great happening.

Yesterday, Everett talked forever to himself in getting down to sleep for his nap. The last 10 minutes of his talking were basically, "hug, hug, hug, hug, hug, hug"--Erik checked it out and found that Everett was responding to this book that had fallen open on the floor by his crib. (He also will now ask for a hug when he needs one. We love that.)