Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Got Milk

Everett took a mini-nap this morning. Can I get an 'Amen' for that? (I haven't caught up on my sleep loss from seizure watch.)



When I went to fetch him from his crib, he didn't want to go. Fine by me. I gave him his sippy cup and went to the office to get a file.


Almost immediately, the most delicious squealing sound came from the nursery. I smiled to myself and thought,"What a happy kid! He is having a good time in that crib." Given that, I took the time to grab one more file and went to look in on him.


In less than a minute, he had emptied out his sippy cup all over the crib and room all while keeping the lid on the cup. The inside of the sippy cup must have come dislodged. So, the squealing came from enjoying the "milk rain."




He thought he was pretty cool.


[The sheet was soaked, the floor right beside the crib was soaked, and his sleeping pants were all wet. I've added some green for dramatic effect (Everett helped). The entire inside of his crib, the wood part, was dotted with milk drops.]