Thursday, February 21, 2008

Big Day for Evy

I just wanted to share what a big day Everett had today.

  • He climbed up the ladder to the slide (small slide, people) at playgroup all by himself for the first time.
  • We talked about having "cheese" for lunch on the way home from playgroup.
  • He climbed on and off the push bike we have at home for the first time.
  • He requested at dinner, "banana?" I love that he was able to ask for something he wanted.
  • He was so helpful in cleaning up the house. He picked up blocks, helped me empty the dryer, picked up several things that I had dropped (I didn't even realize that I had dropped them.)
  • He pointed out the dishwashing soap after I loaded the dishwasher this evening. I had no idea that he had made the connection. I then showed him how to turn on the dishwasher. He was so proud, but I realized that might not have been my best idea of the day.
  • He was very gentle with me today. (We've been working on teaching Everett to be gentle with people. He is very gentle with the cat. I don't think he realizes how strong he is. Yesterday I introduced puppets Fred and Sam to help with the "gentle" concept, and I think it helped.)
  • He read several books to me today.
  • He made sure that I saw when the phone was ringing. (I didn't even hear it.) He gets very concerned when the phone rings. "Da?"
At the end of the day, after we said our night prayer, I let Everett know how proud I was of all the things he had accomplished today. We had a really long "talk." He had such a big grin on his face and asked for kisses. He is a sweet boy.

I am a lucky and blessed mom.


Introducing Sam and Fred