Saturday, February 09, 2008

Back on Seizure Watch

We were planning on going dancing tonight. Instead, I am sitting in the room next to Everett's forcing myself not to hold him while he sleeps. He has a fever and has been convulsing off and on for a couple of hours. These seizures aren't like the one he had last fall, but it scares the bejeebers out of me, anyway.

I want to just hold him. But, my body heat would reverse any "cooling" strategies we are trying right now.

He'll be fine, I know, but it doesn't help squash how scared I get when he starts to full body twitch or jerk.

The night time is always the worst for him and fevers. For some reason, the fever comes full-on at night even if we don't decrease the medication from what he took during the day. That makes it scarier, too. Something about stuff being surrounded by sunshine takes the ominous feeling out of the situation.

I'm off to go check on him, again. I've never checked on him this frequently, even when he was a newborn.