Monday, February 18, 2008

Chills and Thrills


Erik: My Chill is that most of the companies I was networking into are hitting a hiring freeze. Something about some people think there is a recession. I also have a mini-chill in trying to balance my family, my work, job hunt, and everything else that has to be done right now. Some days it can be hard. My Thrills are being able to spend time with my family and my VERY cool blog that you can access from the link on the sidebar or here. I'll be posting something new very soon.

Sheila:
Similar to Erik, my Chill is just keeping a balance going as I transition to working from home and taking care of the home. My Thrill is seeing how many new things Everett is doing everyday. I've also been working really hard at using and developing our food storage system (and finding crock-pot recipes we all enjoy). I recently reorganized our pantry since we used our "kitchen redo" money to fix our cars, again. Moving stuff around and throwing stuff out helped me feel better about the situation.

Everett:
I am learning SO many things from picking out airplanes and helicopters in the sky to adding new signs to my sign language. I am getting better at saying some words like eat and cheese. I especially enjoy chasing the cat all the time. My *favorite* book right now is about Spot the Dog. I love it because of all the flaps I get to pull back. Last week, I met with my physical therapist. She was really cool and gave Mommy and me some work to do to help me get better at moving.