Monday, February 04, 2008

Fertility Quest: First Wait

If you are squeamish about personal "woman" stuff, the following may be too much information. I promised to be straight forward about this and am trying to keep to that.

The First Wait

Just in any endeavor to get pregnant, there are waiting times. Right now, I am waiting to get my Day 3 work to get done. That means that I am waiting for my period to start in order to get to Day 3 of my period so that they can draw some blood and maybe take a sonogram.

The Day 3 results will be the key indicator for all the meds to start. The Day 3 results will let the doctor know if something weird is up. The Day 3 results will help the doctor know what cocktail to prescribe. (The cocktail is my way of referring to the array of SHOTS I am prescribed.)

I am ready. I've filled all the prescriptions that I can. I've found all the heating pads in the house (heating pads are key for IM shots.) I found my old sharps container that didn't get filled up. I bought the baby aspirin. I am taking prenatal vitamins and those chocolate candy calcium chews.

Anybody who knows me well knows my disdain towards pills. If I have already bought them all and am eagerly taking some, I am ready.

In a true twist of expectations, I have never, ever been more eager for my period to start.