Tuesday, April 19, 2011

In Review

This marks my 6th year of blogging.

In a week or so, I'll hit the 1,000th post.

It, overall, has been a positive experience.

I blog now mainly about daily life and our boys.

I have blogged about infertility struggles and a couple of opinionated rants.

I try and keep politics out of this blog.  I don't think the place for that is here.

I don't blog about everything in my life.  Some stuff just isn't for the masses.

I will never put adds on this blog.  That is not the purpose for my writing.

I enjoy writing.  I always have.  Someday, if I write enough and make space for reflection and critique on that writing, I may even develop a knack for it.  Someday.

Blogging is an intersection for journaling and scrapbooking for me.  I was always a journal-er and somewhat of a scrapbook-er.  It is nice that I can combine my penchant for wordiness with pictures.

Sometimes I agonize over word choice.  Sometimes I am lucky that posts have fewer than 3 misspelled words.  (blogger spellcheck has a few more versions to go before being sufficient for my needs)

The nice thing about having several posts archived to read is that I get to reflect on how my thinking has changed, and also hasn't changed.  I see how much I have grown, how my kids have changed, and how most things do turn out for the better.

I think I'll keep doing it a little while longer.