Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Evy's Last Day at Preschool

Evy really enjoys his one day at his museum preschool.  For a couple of hours they talk about nature, go on hikes, have an animal visitor (favorites were the blue tongued lizard and the flying squirrel), and really learn many things about the world that I think are important to know.  He is much more intune with even the right vocabulary in naming things around him than I was at that age.

On the last day, they have a family celebration.  Merritt is able to join in for short periods of time.  (he feels that they just don't move around enough so we usually escape and go on a walk during class)



Thankfully, Erik was back from Minnesota in time to come for the fun!

As a note:  I brought cupcakes intending to buy them at the store . . . the ones with all the icing and sprinkes, except the day before the party the store only had the horrible looking "Easter" cupcakes . . . sigh . . .

So, I took a stab at the cupcakes and they turned out WAY better than I thought they would.  Whew!