We were able to get the Hunt, the Easter Bunny, and egg decorating all finished by Saturday afternoon. That was GREAT as it left Sunday to help us be more spiritually minded and not crazy with candy. Evy in his prayers all weekend,"Please bless that we can remember to think of Jesus."
Coloring Eggs
Oh, did you notice the blue on his face . . . yeah, in a typical quick-Merritt moment he swiped a blue dye tablet right off the counter and TONS of it disintegrated in the less than one second it took to get it from his mouth. When we rinsed his mouth out with water, *blue* water gushed out of his mouth for like 5 minutes.
Evy's rocker egg complete with a tie.
Serious contemplation when eating a hard boiled egg. (And, I was like, "Why can't I get this egg out of this cup with this crazy wire thing-y?")
Mixing colors with Magical Dad . . . what will it be?
The Easter Egg Hunt
Merritt's hunting philosophy: Find Egg, Eat Contents of Egg before finding Another Egg
Favorite Egg: anything with a sugary content
Everett's hunting philosophy: Find egg, Check contents to see if desirable, If so-keep egg and quickly move on, If not-leave egg for brother and quickly move on, and "I'll skip several eggs just so Merritt can have some."
Favorite Egg: those with chocolate and MONEY
Eating . . . and eating . . . and, notice the pooching of his cheek? eating.
'Da Food
We had an awesome time cooking and baking for this Easter. By request of one of our Easter Dinner invites: Cheesecake
And, this time I made a gingerbread crust. (with the usual plain cheesecake and chocolate swirl cheesecake)
A.W.E.S.O.M.E.
This Ham was Excellent
(I used sliced sweet potatoes instead of carrots and it rocked.)
My little boys don't like cheesecake yet. So, I made them a special treat, too.
(Crack me up!)
Aw, cute baby cousin M.
My sister and brother-in-law
In Review (for next year when I don't remember), Stained Glass Jello Salad (for the little boys), tangerine glazed ham with sweet potatoes, snow peas, Easter rolls (raisins, cardamom, and lemon zest), and mango or strawberry lemonades.