Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Girl Weekend Away

I recently took a short trip to visit my sister and then traveled to check out a place for a family reunion with my sister, Mandy, and my parents.  It was awesome.  I ate at some of my favorites like Ken's Doughnuts & Eastside Cafe, and I visited the UT Coop which looks nothing like it did when I was an undergrad.

I started my "Girl Weekend Away" by crashing a Murder Mystery Party (really, the hostess knew I would be in town visiting my sister, and was SUPER nice to include me in the fun as well).

It was a SuperHero Murder Mystery Party.

My identity. 

I was POGO Girl who had used a super-prototype Pogo stick that heightened my own skills into super human powers.  A.W.E.S.O.M.E.


The Jester, Blue Blaze (the murderer), and
Pogo Girl (lucky to escape with my life)

Did you notice the boots?  Go back and look.

They are old boots and the leather had been eaten up by salt (from salted sidewalks back East).  I refurbished them with duct tape.  Impressed?  I KNOW! (I have to tape myself into them and then cut myself out of them when I am done wearing them.)

Did you notice my hair?  Go back and look.

It is a slinky.  I KNOW!

And the cape?  I borrowed it from Everett.  Thanks, Aunt Elise!

Erik did a great job keeping the homefront at peace; he even further Merritt proofed our house while I was gone.

Thanks, Erik!