Monday, January 10, 2011

Mom Is Lady Crankerpants

I am totally cranky today. I just can't kick it.  I have a pretty bad cold and I think I am just tired of being down and out.

I am tired of being stuck inside, making sure I don't overdo it, even though I overdo it plenty while being inside.

I am tired of staring at my dirty kitchen floor.

The boys have been sick.  Both are better.  Evy has a leftover cough and we are still on the 4 times a day meds for Merritt's pink eyes.

Today, I am tired of being a human climbing structure.  Tired of being kicked in the chest when I change diapers, tired of being the one in charge.

I am just feeling sorry for myself.  Poor me.  Really high on the selfpity.  I just need to get over it, as I cough up some phlegm.

Who decided how to spell phlegm anyway?  Some latin word origin, maybe, but I am pretty sure that at sometime some society spelled it with an 'f'.

In all, I am extremely blessed, really.  Super friend Connie came over a couple of times last week so I could get a nap and continue healing.  And, it does look pretty, today, with everything covered in snow.  And, I get lots of hugs from my boys.  And, I am wearing soft socks.  And, Merritt is giggling at Curious George and both of them are sitting next to me, all quiet and still for a moment.