For Christmas gifts, I try and involve the kids as much as possible. Frankly, like most things, it means that things take longer. At the same time, I want Christmas to be about giving and thinking of others . . . and so it works pretty well.
For one of the gifts we gave, a garden bag, we personalized it with our hands.
These are cabbages using the side of our hands. Everett now swears that they are weeds.
The kids' hands were the "tops" to the carrots and I painted in the carrot so that it looks like it is tucked into the pocket. Evy really liked this one.
The whole palm became a rose bush.
And, that blue smudge was supposed to be a chrysanthemum.
The kids really enjoyed doing this and I was suprised at how big their handprints are. (In fact, Everett's feet are 1/2 the size mine are, and I don't have small feet.)
And, we, of course, had to get out all of our gardening tools to help us "do the paintin' thingies." I guess, Evy saw them as inspiration.