All things considered, we've got some good stuff going on at our house.
I am healing. Amazed at how much energy it takes to heal, but it is coming along.
We had our first speech therapy session with Merritt this week, and it reconfirmed our decision to go this route to help him. The therapist is fun, easy going, and gives me another perspective to find ways to help Merritt. AND, she has homework for me to work with him. I love that.
Evy is sick right now; coughing up a lung as he tries to go to sleep. He is an amazing big brother. He also has been extremely sensitive to me and how well I am feeling.
Erik has done an amazing job with the boys over the past two weeks. I know it has been frustrating, spending his vacation doing, uh, "stay-at-home-Dad" stuff instead of traveling or whatever. He has been a trooper through it all.
And, me, well, I am amazing. Someone has to say it!
And, our friends. Well, they are superb! We have had so many people help us over the past two weeks . . . all volunteers . . . meals, watching the boys, bringing by groceries, gingerbread houses, treats, calls and emails to check on us . . . all while it is a busy holiday time for them! We are overwhelmed by their love, and we will ever be appreciative and remember the sacrifices they made to help us.
We had a fun Christmas with family and rocked it out with a New Year's Eve party here with the boys last night. I have oodles of pictures to post from the last month. I'll get to it eventually.
We have tried to do some family outings with my fleeting energy level. We put on our own Sports Night at the gym at Erik's work, went to the mall to play games and ride the carousel, and tried to get outside so the boys can learn to ride the scooter and big wheel.
For now, the boys are in bed, Erik is picking out his snack of choice, and I need to go put socks on. It is cold right now.