Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Chills and Thrills

Last week, I slowly started getting back into routines of being human and being a mom all day.  Sheltering my surgery site, I played with my kids, did too much by 10:00 am, and was relieved on several occasions when Connie played in the afternoon with my boys, allowing me to lay down and fall immediately to sleep.

Then we all got sick.  We did manage to have some fun.  Cooking, playing, swinging, zoo break-outs with the animals, dominoes, chasing, sliding into our pool of balls, chocolate chip cookies with Connie, cupcakes with Connie, and popcorn.   The boys love popcorn.

My kids love to paint.  And Merritt loves to paint everything when he paints.  Windows, floors, chairs, himself, the table, and, oh, some does get on the paper.  (his face was all black and yellow by the time he was done painting)



This boy could not get enough of that icing.  Major licking action!


Connie and her #1 fan, Evy!

Evy:  I'm coming home wiff you!
Connie:  In your dreams!
Evy:  Oh, yeah!



Merritt just stripped down to his "naked boy" outfit again.  And, I think I just heard him break into the bathroom.  Maybe he is potty training himself.  At least if he pees, it is on the tile and not the carpet.  Well, I gotta go and wrestle him back into some clothes.
cough. hack. sniffle. sneeze. sniffle. hack. cough