Monday, September 29, 2008

Toddler Curiousity

I would gauge Everett as "average" for making toddler messes. He is usually curious with a healthy dose of reserve. Today has been an exception. The day isn't over . . . so why blog now? Because he is quietly playing with his cars and maybe if I capture this now there won't be anything else. (yeah, right)

He has been fascinated with bugs recently, and one allowed him the full experience. I am pretty sure Everett ate it. It didn't agree with his stomach. So, a mommy's job is to clean up the vomit. (I tried to find the bug in the vomit without success.) But, what I didn't count on was his new tendency to reenact situations that occur throughout the day. That means that I have been the lucky recipient of horking/throwingup/upchucking noises since the mess was made.

And, Everett has been increasingly curious about potty things, like pee and poop. Today while I was using the bathroom, he took the opportunity to see what it was like to smear newly deposited poop from his diaper all over his belly. Luckily, the reserve part of his temperament kicked in until I came back into the room and he showed me the mess he had made by announcing very quickly, "POOPP!" Seems he didn't enjoy being slathered in the stuff.

My limited imagination right now cannot fathom what will be next (he's already conquered the cat food). We'll see what happens.