Monday, September 22, 2008

Instead of Napping--Dulcet Tones of Meow

Everett, instead of napping, gives a concert. The most recent additions to the repertoire have been "meowing" songs. He'll intersperse that with screaming out "Momma!" and "tractor!"

I was able to get a very quick soundbite of what it sounds like . . . of course in the 10 minutes that I sat there staring at the baby monitor ready to catch him in action, he somehow knew I was taping it, and was extremely quiet. So, this is/was sort of a let down. Don't worry, he never fell asleep. (Gotta do something to entertain myself because if he doesn't sleep I don't either and I really don't want to do laundry or vaccuum or the wash dishes or clean bathrooms right now.)

For the posterity's viewing pleasure, I start out with a shot of Twiggy's offering for the hour. Since Erik left, there have been multiple gifts laid with honor on our front and back door--only element missing: daisies in the hands of the deceased. I guess she misses him, too. And since he is gone, I guess I get to bury the carcases. (Have to think of a pregnancy rule against doing that and then ask my neighbor to bury them.)

If you care enough to watch the video of the monitor picking up the sounds (sounds thrilling right?), you'll have to turn up your volume because I didn't have enough forethought to turn up the monitor's volume myself. And, the last 8 seconds or so he says nothing--couldn't get the computer to cut that section out. Today has been a "go me" all around day.