Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Grape Jelly


This is Luigi. You know, from Cars. Preston brought Cars into our lives this summer and Everett was quick to adopt the movie and cheerful characters into our home. (Thank goodness because I was sick of Clifford.)

This Luigi is Preston's. I found him under the sofa today just before I vacuumed. Do you want to know how our house has changed this summer because of the Moores? Good.

Grape jelly. I do not like grape jelly. We had it ALL the time growing up. I never liked it but it isn't polite to gripe about the food that your parents work hard to provide.

Preston is particular to this flavor. We have a jar of it in our fridge, and Everett is more than happy to dine on a sandwich with it. Preston is particular to wheat bread without any "nuts" or other unidentify-able bits in his bread. We have Preston approved jelly and bread in our home now. I have the habit of going to that section of the bread aisle now, first. Preston is always analyzing the world around him--questioning those things that don't add up. His laughter is infectious, and he was always looking out for Everett to make sure nothing happened to him.

Canned or jarred peaches in my pantry. I had them first at Mandy's awhile ago and then saw them in her fridge early on in the summer. This has been my food of choice when I could keep nothing else laying stable in my stomach. Thank goodness for a peek into her fridge.

Lady Smiles, or Riley, created the opportunity to bring out the baby toys. It is so fun to go through them remembering when Everett enjoyed them and knowing that another child will enjoy them in our home very soon. For now, I'll pack them up and put them back in the attic. I just put the pack-n-play up and was sad that Riley won't be snoozing in it for awhile. Riley was always on the move, squealing, and smiling with her bright eyes tracking all the chaos brought on by her brother and cousin. What a treasure to get to know her this summer!

Our bathroom is forever changed because of the Moores. I'll also never think about poison ivy or furniture damage (chair) without thinking of Phillip. He will always keep you laughing at his quips and marveling at his engineering feats. Ever the food connoisseur, he kept us looking for good food to eat. Rockfish is Delish! Summer of Cafe Sano. "I'm moving to Greece!"

Mandy brought sanity to this summer. I was fully expecting to be able to go home this summer and get ready to raise my family nearer to family. That ended up not being the case, and if Mandy weren't so close during this time, I'd be climbing the walls or walking them like the lady in the "The Yellow Wallpaper" by Charlotte Perkins Gilman. I enjoyed talking with her, cooking with her, learning from her, and how well she listens. She is the stable, calm, ready to laugh, ready to play, problem-solver sister that I love!