Monday, September 29, 2008

Purge 2008

So, we are still purging. The end is in sight, but it has taken awhile to get where we are. I wanted to share some pics and links. I have been scouring sites and books trying to find the best org system for our triple purpose space in the basement.

http://www.candcorganizing.blogspot.com/
http://theinspiredroom.net/
http://orgjunkie.com/
http://www.lazyorganizer.com/blog/
http://www.theperfectpantry.com/

I am also trying to not have to buy new stuff to org our stuff. I have met with extreme success in the basement and moderate success in Evy's new bedroom. Instead of buying a dresser, I bought canvas storage cubes . . . easier to repurpose than a dresser.

I have only purchased one item for the basement . . . the clear shoe organizer. It now houses all of our office supplies. For two former graduate students, one who is now a consultant that houses his stuff at home and one who used to work from home exclusively---we have tons of office supplies.

Reorganized my zipper canvas totes from IKEA.



The play area . . . also purged a ton from our video and book collection.


It would be much more impressive to give you before pictures . . . but I didn't think about it at the time and it would have been too embarrassing anyway.