Sunday, September 11, 2011

Robot Man Wins Again!


We received the results from Everett's latest EEG. 

No seizure activity.  And, his liver levels are looking good!

This means that the seizures are being controlled as best as we can and that we will not need to add any more medication to what he is taking.

It means that we will do another EEG in December, and if that goes well, another 3-4 day Video EEG in March with the goal to ween him off the meds.

The goal in all of this was to have Evy seizure free for one year to allow the 'gene' to go inactive or the pesky part of the brain causing this to heal (by controlling the seizures we allow the brain a chance to heal instead of seizing throughout the day).

I feel blessed.  The doctor and his office are a blessed pain to deal with each and every time.  At the same time, despite the irritations and the anxiety about what procedures will not be paid for by the insurance, I know that he is getting the appropriate care and the doctor has Evy's best interests at heart.  I know that since I am doing all that I can to care for Evy that my Heavenly Father will provide the resources, at some point, to take care of the medical bills. 

Robot Man is taking all of this in stride.  He takes his awful medicine twice a day without batting an eye.  He views each EEG as an adventure with a healthy dose of chocolate at the end, and he even is a champ at all the blood draws we have to take to check his liver.

I am blessed to be at home to provide for him.  I am blessed to be able to find activities that he needs now with the abilities needed to make sure that pre and post medication changes result in positive changes for him.  I am blessed with a husband who reroutes his schedule to help Evy at the appointments whenever Evy needs additional support.  And, I am blessed to have the constant care and inquiry of those who love Evy.  He is lucky to have such loving and staunch supporters!