Monday, September 19, 2011

Chills and Thrills



I am amazed at how much we were able to accomplish last week given how much Erik has been gone.  We certainly had some time faeries on our side.

Fix both cars, trim two huge trees (thank you tree guy), run about abajillion errands, doctor appointments, banking, killed bugs, negotiating between insurance and doctor, and finishing up the CLEANING OF THE GARAGE, which is a mixture of organizing, purging stuff, and hanging shelves.  We are now able to get a car inside (one of the cars is too long to fit in the garage, interesting, huh?).  AND, as a bonus, I was able to get away by myself and buy some clothes that fit.  a.w.e.s.o.m.e.n.e.s.s.

Shashabooey!*

He was so deadly in fact,
that his enemies would go blind from
overexposure to pure awesomeness.

My eyes!
He's too awesome!
And attractive.
How can we repay you?
 
There is no charge for awesomeness.
Or attractiveness.

Kablooey!

*Thank you, Kung Fu Panda, which movie I find hysterical but can't watch very often because it turns my boys into ninja fighting spazoids.
 
A couple of things I don't want to forget:
  • Whenever I "surprise" Everett by laying out his blanket super nice on his bed, he runs into the room and all Scarlet O'Hara like says,"Oh, you shouldn't have!"  crackmeup
  • I love it when Evy runs into the room all excited and forces me to stop what I am doing so he can recap what he and Merritt just pretended.  Merritt runs up right behind him and tells me the exact same thing in Merritt-language.  I love it.
  • Merritt does not like breakfast and would only eat meat and eat it all day, if I would let him.
  • Evy does not eat meat.
  • I'm trying really hard to figure out what I am going to cook while Erik is out of town.
  • Recently, when Evy sees me getting down, irritated, or at a loss as to what to do, he'll say from across the room,"Hey, Mom, I love you!"
  • Merritt threw a shoe at me while I was driving this afternoon.  That was some lecture he got afterwards.
This week is purdy busy.  A highlight will be finishing some sewing projects.  My sewing machine is b-roke-n forever (I found out today from the sewing maching repairguy).  So, I'm off to Mom's to borrow her machine.

The boys and I will be studying Italy.  Bet you can't guess why.