Monday, September 12, 2011
Chills and Thrills
I could use a chocolate chip cookie right about now.
The past week was extremely busy. I must say that when I get overly sleep deprived because Erik isn't here and Merritt doesn't take a nap and wakes up at 5:30 am all week: I don't do so good.
Here is how I describe it: On days when I'm the Lone Ranger and when Merritt doesn't nap, it is as if I live in an alternate universe where I've been kidnapped by Pinky and the Brain.
Other than that, well, I don't remember much. I did go to book group, which was tons o fun and a welcome relief!
The boys, by special invitation, had hamburgers with Grandma and Papa on Friday. You should have seen how difficult it was to get them back home. And ALL day Saturday they whined about going back to Grandma and Papa's. They had a great time! They felt so special!
Here is a picture of Merritt during the best shopping experience with him ever:
He should be so lucky to have a cushioned rolling throne every time we go to Walmart. And, he has the most patient brother on the planet.
Here is a short recount of the busiest shopping experience for him which occurred on August 18th-2011:
Merritt shampooed the groceries. Not one to skimp on the beauty routine, he also applied a thick layer of conditioner. That is how I learned that the butcher has the best paper towels and how Merritt became the strongest floral scent in the store. (You had to be there to truly understand how fast he works.)
Currently, he is running naked through the house. And, no, he didn't take a nap today.
And the best way to delay actually having to go to bed at night, like for real getting to sleep: Getting into Dad's mission stuff and dressing up. The parents love it.



