Pretty quiet on this blog, we've been having some computer issues. It will get resolved but it includes replacing parts and that requires money, and, uh, some knowledge about computers.
In the meantime, we are blazing through the days. This Monday brought COOLER weather to our area and continued to be very hard with the wildfires across Texas. I just cannot believe the devastation. so quick and so deep.
Erik is on working overload. He is in town, but we rarely see him. We are trying to be creative to take advantage of any "break" he has . . . I'll skedaddle over to his work with the boys and see him for a half hour or so (yesterday, we saw him on a "break" and also used the vending machines . . . my boys love those machines, so many great buttons). It will be like this for awhile. Vapid pace while in town and then out of town. I should be lining up my sanity checks right now. (right now, he is getting the boys ready for bed, providing me with a much needed separation from my cute hoodlums. I love them so!)
I'm busy. swimming. callings. the boys. the house. stuff keeps breaking. you know how all that goes.
Evy met his teacher yesterday at his museum preschool class that he will attend once a week. He loves it! And, I love his teacher. She is perfect for those kids and it will be a small class. Evy is going to be in heaven!
We had a busy Labor Day weekend. We labored all day Saturday getting things cleaned and then enjoyed the outdoors on Monday. We are so acclimated to the high temps that all of us were "chilled" by the temps in the 80s. We did go to the pool, hardly anyone was there because it was so cold. But, the Sjolseths were there and in the water!
Evy has started waxing sage with his "that's life" series of sayings. Here are a few (BTW, Erik explained that I am the one that he gets it from, poor Evy):
Some things you like and some things you don't like, that's life.
Sometimes, you have to eat things you don't like, that's life.
Sometimes, you don't get what you want, that's life.
Sometimes, you get owies, that's life.
Sometimes, the carseats are really hot, that's life.
Sometimes, things break, that's life.
Sometimes, you have to clean, that's life.
He still comes up with the most interesting conversation topics. Today: "I would WEALLY WIKE to be invisible, Mom." He is clearly a thinker. (sorry, too tired to write out the whole conversation. take my word for it.)
Merritt said his first four word sentence last week: "My shoe is gone!" (I was so excited because 1) he was talking and 2) he was keeping up with his stuff.) This evening he said,"Is this water mine?"
If we are *anywhere* near one of the streets that leads us to a pool that we have been to, I hear Merritt scream from the backseat, "POOOL!" He certainly is paying attention.
