Monday, June 30, 2008

Dada!


It is hard to describe the depth of Everett's affinity for Dada. Everett follows Erik around constantly and gets very upset if he can't go where Dada is going.

Today, I took some laundry out of the dryer. One of the many items was a grey "Texas" t-shirt (no surprise, I'm sure). Everett saw a glimpse of the balled-up t-shirt amidst all the other clothes and started yelling, "Dada, Dada, Dada!" It was only 4:30, but Everett started insisting that we go get our shoes and pick Erik up from the bus station. (Everett's word for bus is a sound that is a cross between "va-room" and "poof" . . .)

He pointed at all the pictures that include Erik that we have in the basement yelling, "Dada, Dada, Dada!" the whole time.

He walked up the lower level stairs, grabbed his shoes, and made a stance by the front door. He was very determined to get Erik right then and there. (So, the only way I got him off the bus focus was to go get the mail.)