Okay, I am also cranky--Admittedly sometimes smaller issues may set me off.
Having eating and vomiting issues are not glamorous. It is a pain in the butt to walk around cranky and hungry (and I am sure that Erik and Everett can attest to that). Slowly it is getting better, but it still means that I stand in front of the fridge, HUNGRY, and unable to stomach a thing . . . except maybe peaches. They say that no matter how much you vomit in the beginning, you end up gaining around the same amount of weight as your other pregnancies. That would be 25 pounds with Everett. If this doesn't end soon, those are going to be some wicked stretch marks.
Pregnancy induced ramble: Is there any such thing as "medically necessary" tattoos? Tattoos can cover ugly stretch marks.
Back to the post: I am a bit torqued right now. I just came back from my cervix sonogram. They were very LATE, which is always hardest for Everett, especially when the room is overcrowded. I had to give my history, again, the third time to a different doctor. (Repetition can annoy me; unnecessary repetition really irritates me.--Especially if the doctors are not taking any steps to communicate with each other or at least take notes that they can all read.)
The following all take place after waiting over an hour and a half. ----------------
The nurse practitioner got my ire up first after taking my history,"I am really upset to see you picking up your son and carrying things."
My response: First, I don't care what upsets you right now. This is the first time I have ever met you, and secondly, picking up toddlers is part of the mommy's job. And the reason I am carrying him is because your office is too small to wheel my stroller through this part of the corridor.
Her response: Oh.
I got attitude from the perinatologist today, too. Sort of,"why are you here?" Because, evidently, the history I gave to the nurse practitioner wasn't complete or grave enough. The concern of my OB wasn't strong enough.
He says, "I just don't think you had an incompetent cervix in your last pregnancy based on what you told me."
My inward response: I am not here to debate what happened last time. What is happening now?
I was grilled about the date I got my last period, my ovulation date, my transfer date , etc. (BTW, once you get your due date, those details tend to blur because WHO CARES, you are having a baby!) He then asked if my due date was given to me by my endocrinologist or by sonogram. Who actually was my endocrinologist? Am I really sure that it was 6 day blastocysts that were transferred? Really? (Said incredulously.)
WHO CARES? Is my cervix okay or not? WHY are you asking all these questions that none of the other perinatologists asked? IS my baby too small/too big? WHY are you so focused on this?
(Everett and I then sat for a good five minutes as he did the math on his little organizer to make sure that the due date I gave him was approximate enough. Five minutes with a wiggly toddler who is tired of sitting and wants to run. He didn't respond at all to Everett until I would say things like, "He is saying HI to you." or "He is trying to show you his truck." JERK--you take care of women pregnant with babies all day and yet you can't spare a little boy a smile.)
I was told by him to stop picking up and carrying Everett. Oh, and then, as a side note, my cervix looks fine. I am not a candidate for a cerclage. Did he not read the file at all? Did he not read that the others said the same thing, that the reason I am here is to be on the safe side? What DO they write in there?
He did say that as preterm labor was a concern with Everett, that he is pretty sure it will be a concern with this pregnancy. So, no lifting, no grocery shopping, etc, etc. Good thing he didn't see how many stairs I have in my home.
And, BTW, I am feeling okay today, thanks for not asking.
Things that I want right now:
- To eat without feeling like I will throw it up.
- To have a negotiated job offer.
- To sell the house in 2 weeks.
The bright side to the visit was Amanda my sonographer. (I don't know if that is a real word, but I use it.) She isn't one of those stuffy technicians that says with a frown,"I can't answer that. The doctor will have to answer that." Like you've just asked a top secret question about YOUR OWN body. Darn it, if you have the answer to my question, give it to me and if you must add that litigious phrase then say,"but the doctor is the best one to answer it." OR give the rote answer just leave off the frown. Frowns make me worry.
Amanda calls my cervix,"Super Cervix!" That makes me feel better.