I found this the other day-- 

I figure that if it can handle crap from the garage floor, it can handle my toddlerstyle basement/kitchen/livingroom/diningroom catastrophes. But, it isn't really portable and it is almost $200.
Don't get me wrong, we have a vacuum and a hand vac. But, the vacuum is hard to haul up and down all our stairs and too big to really use in the bathroom. The hand vac goes dead after 2 minutes of use . . . and sometimes I am too lazy to pick up the whole pretzels which are not good for the hand vac to eat.
In my "sickroom" activity of watching TV, I saw the SHARK.

It says that it lasts for 90 MINUTES of continuous vacuuming. Think of all the messes I could clean before I needed to recharge it. Since it is only 4 lbs, I could strap it to my back, ready for use at less than a moment's notice. And since my favorite jewelry store up and left town, I may ask for it for my birthday, which is on Friday, the 13th. And, yes, I was born on Friday, the 13th.