Today was especially hard. Lots to balance--work, Everett, being sick, Everett being sick, and that overriding issue of having a clean, let's say "picked-up," house.
I am cranky. And, I mean royally cranky. I went to Target to get a few necessities and took it personally whenever someone was in my way. I try so hard to be patient because I know that I am being ridiculous, but I just am still irritated when someone saunters across my path blithely unaware that a pregnant (I don't look pregnant so how would they know) lady with a toddler are struggling to get the shopping done. In fact, one lady acted like *I* was in the way. I can't imagine.
My saving grace was when we picked up Erik at the bus stop this evening. Bag in hand, smile on face, ipod buds in ears, I was so relieved to let him know that Everett was "all his." And, he happily accepted it.
Right now, he is trying to convince Everett to keep *some* of the water in the tub.
Set limit, reinforce, set limit, reinforce. repeat.