Friday, May 30, 2008

Chills and Thrills

2 Week Update

We have been really busy the past couple of weeks. We had an excellent Memorial Day weekend which included a friend from grad school-Raegen, lots of pool time, great food--Indian--breakfast burritos--watermelon--fajitas, and a crepe breakfast with our good friends the Hughes. (We also got to see the proofs from our photoshoot with Amy. I can't wait to show you some of the shots she took! If you are looking for a talented photographer who is a gem with kids--I highly recommend her.)

Everett: I am all about CARS and TRUCKS! I recently saw a car in a garage and thought it was so cool that a car was in the house! (poor kid doesn't know that this is the norm in many areas of the US) Mom says that I am totally acting age appropriate and keeping her and Dad on their toes. All I know is that I am having a GOOD time!

Sheila: Forget the Zofran, what a bust! I did have a bit more energy this week and was even able to go get ice cream with a friend this afternoon. I am scheduled to have sonograms to watch my cervix because of the complications with Everett's pregnancy. So far, so good. But, given that I am going every two weeks to the sonographer, we'll see how long it takes before they let it "slip" what the sex of the baby is. Yes, we are waiting until the birth.

Erik: Doing well! Enjoying the fact that pools are open. Had another good conversation with a firm in Dallas.

This weekend we are going to finally wash our car (!), help with a baby shower, put some extra effort into our yards, and maybe finish the basement ceiling. We are especially excited that Sheila's sister, Mandy, and her family will be in driving distance for the summer. Sheila is really excited about this as she'll have some of her family with her for her birthday!