Monday, December 10, 2007

Chills and Thrills


Everett: Well, the Chill is that I had a horrid bum rash last week. The Thrill is that it is gone. I am also moving around--cruising furniture, pulling myself up, and generally having a grand time escaping from Mom (who I call "Sheila") and Dada (who I call "Dada"). The BIGGEST THRILL is that I don't have to take ANY Prevacid, any more! Bye, bye acid reflux medicine!

Erik: My Chill is that the ward Christmas party is this Saturday, and I am busy trying to get everything aligned so that it will go well. My Thrill is that my job hunt is going well. I have been able to find a several firms in Texas that I am interested in and have been able to make some progress with each of them.

Sheila: My Chill is that I will no longer be working at the Department soon, and my Thrill is that in several weeks I will no longer be working at the Department. As the reality of my departure sinks in, I am unexpectedly feeling how much I will miss DC, my coworkers, the work that I do, and exercising that part of my life. At the same time, I am so excited to take a music class with Everett, to let him sleep every morning as long as he needs to before we start the day, and to teach him to call me "Mama."