This zoo is in Gainesville, Texas and is a smaller zoo. Perfect for my runner Merritt. He could go as far as he wanted and I didn't worry because the zoo was not crowded and did not have lots of byways and directions that he could scamper off to and get lost. Evy enjoyed it as well. My boys are a blast!
We were able to tour the zoo in about an hour and a half. We had lunch at a park right by the zoo (the BEST park I have been to in a long time--I loved it there). We almost went back to the zoo after that, but the boys needed a nap so they would be in good spirits for some evening fun. (I think the zoo is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers because they won't get overtired or overwhelmed by the place.)
The main thrust was to go see this guy:
(cause we'll need a camel to ride on our desert trip tomorrow)
"This is the coolest place EVER!" Evy
(zoos are always fun, but I was thrilled to see the additional purpose and meaning since we went to see unusual things, like a camel, because that was something that Dad saw that day)
Who doesn't love a giraffe?
The goats are hysterical. Meet Mr. Insistent. He would headbutt the others out of the way, he would kick the fencing with his front legs, he would follow you cm. by cm. because he wanted FOOD.
That's him.
Mr. Insistent Meet Mr. Merritt, Your Match
HEY! Where did you go? If you won't stay with me, I'll come to you.
(crack me up!)
After eating lunch in the car, because bee-paralysis set in after being wooed by bees at the picnic table, we spent an hour an a half playing around at the park, which looks like a castle. It is a pretty large structure.
While Everett was doing this, he was saying to himself, "Don't look down. Don't look down."
One of my favorite parts. A hidden tire swing.
Would like this in my backyard.
And this.
Came home happy and tired. Perfect!










