I thought it would be great to add some paint to them since their texture is so interesting. I also need a base for the city we were making and we wondered if the trails left by the hedgeapples could be used as roads.
We made our canvas. (I told them that we were going to get messy.) Evy kept excitedly whispering under his breath,"we are going to get MESSY!"
Added hedgeapples and some paint.
We had to learn to REALLY cover our hedgeapples with paint.
We turned the canvas, chose some more paint, and talked about how some cities have streets arranged by north and south and east and west. (Evy is all about maps. He thought this was fascinating.)
The boys had a great time. We were sad to stop but really needed to bathe and get ready for the evening's fun. Right now, it is drying and we will continue it tomorrow (we hope).
"They sure are bumpy!"