Despite some BraxtonHicks contractions and overall cramping for the past several weeks--sort of like earthquakes with aftershocks, I am going strong with a very long cervix.
I feel blessed. In fact, at the OB appointment today, I think he might have said "normal pregnancy." WHAT! Do I dare entertain that I can be considered normal?
Nah, not really. But I left the appointment confident in my body's abilities (for the time being) and Everett left the appointment with LegoFever. I guess we are going to have to get some of those.
For those that want more detail
"Mom, are those PANTS?" questions Little Miss B, the little girl who lives across the cluster from us.
She was asking about my very fashionable maternity gaucho pants that I bought over two years ago at Target. Yeah, you read it right, Gaucho Maternity Pants. And, no, no one ever looked as good as in the picture below. In fact, Erik didn't ever want me wearing them in public sort of like I never want him to wear his UT muscle t-shirt in public. Gotta have some standards.
They forgot to make sure that this model was 1) really pregnant and 2) wearing shoes that a pregnant off-balance person would wear. So, imagine more material in the folds (pants have to grow with you and much more sensible shoes. Imagine a larger derriere (mother nature helps you balance out the growing belly). Imagine a poochy belly . . . and you've got the reason why Little Miss B was sightly confused by my pants/skirt/dress?
Why, when I live in a place where I can get cute maternity clothes, do I offend fashionable senses by wearing my gaucho pants? (I do have them in cobalt black and spanish brown.) They are comfortable. The stretchy material is folded over at the waist and there is NO elastic.
Evidently, I have an irritable uterus. Evidently, this occurs when there is muchas cramping and BHicking (BraxtonHicks contracting for short, people) AND when that cramping doesn't effect the length of the cervix. I get the more painful cramping when I am wearing a seatbelt, sitting at the computer, driving, going up and down stairs, sitting with decent posture, and when I am wearing maternity pants with elastic in the waist band. Thus, the draw to my very out-of-style gaucho pants.