
Presented Family Style
Chills: The Shoe Loss Recovery costs were well in the triple digits. Erik basically sliced off the top of one of his digits, and that ER visit was in the triple digits. No worries. He is fine. Both of the boys are sleeping and it is only 8 pm. Erik never goes to sleep early, and he never naps. He was asleep by 6:00 this evening. (He sliced off the top of his finger doing yard work. Good thing our area is not high in gunshot or stabbing victims--the ER saw him right away, and we were still there for 2 hours. He was really lucky--just a few stitches and a tetanus shot.)Thrills: Everett is just talking away. He has added: "greepps" (grapes), "OK", "bumps" (speedbumps), "I like", and several sound effects. He loves speedbumps. He requests them before we get in the car and likes to count "1, 2, 3, BUMP!" when we drive over them. The pregnancy is at 25 weeks (this far last time I was on restricted activities forced to work from home 2 days a week), and the sonogram this week went well. The baby is now at average weight (thank goodness, don't need extra pressure on the cervix) and is still laying cushed up against the cervical wall. I am still slated to go in for more sonograms every two weeks. I finished translating the blogs about Everett into a book and am eagerly awaiting it in the mail. His second year is basically up to date. Everett's attachment to Dada is still strong, but it isn't as fierce. He has a better understanding about what is going on around him.
Here is a shot of Erik and Everett reading a letter Everett received in the mail today. The occasion was much more exciting than the camera captured. I think they were just so exhausted by the events of the day. Everett really enjoyed the stickers that were on it.