For example: I know that one of the reasons why Erik went to the University of Chicago versus other MBA programs was that he would touch a life during his time there. I don't know who, but I do know for a surety that our struggles during our time in Chicago were not for naught. I know he affected someone in a positive manner.
As much as it is important to us to be on the giving side, we do receive so much from those around us. We have always been blessed by the support, love, and prayers of others. Even through the medium of this thing called the blog, we have received so much in friendship from friends and strangers. There are many people who have helped us who weren't privy to our struggles, and at the time of their offering, they had no idea how much it meant to us to have that additional help. Through others' service to us, I see how powerful even the smallest acts can be.
Although I struggle with timing and a desire to move on, which I know is from a prompting from Heavenly Father, I was struck today with the feeling that there is someone that needs our support here. (someone specific, not just the "be good to all mankind" kind of service) Who and for what is my responsibility to figure out, but the reason I am sharing this is it was a good reminder to me that though this next move is coming at some point, Heavenly Father has work that needs to be done before we can move on our journey.
As Erik said,"Today was a good reminder that it isn't always about you." Gotta love a guy that can tell you straight up. (Well, maybe it is kind of hard to swallow if you are hungry and tired, but after you've had a chance to eat and nap, it does make sense.)