Friday, September 28, 2012

Austin, Our Beloved Austin

This summer we had a chance to visit Austin a couple of times.  These are pictures from our second visit where all of Erik's brothers and sister gathered to surprise his dad.  Awesome!

While Erik was working, I took the boys around town and visited some of my favorite spots.  The Nature Center, the Umlauf Sculpture Garden,

Can you see the lizard on the sculpture?  Evy could.  I couldn't.

 
 
There it is!

 
The boys completed a scavenger hunt along the way.
 
 
We gave Pa a big surprise when we were there!




 
Cousin TIME!




Later, the party moved to Dallas for more cousin time!

 
 
We also went to a great waterpark in Round Rock with our favorite guy group family.  Thanks, Morgans!  We went to the Austin Nature Center.  I made the boys take the trail to the Center and they made it all the way!  We also visited plenty of my favorite parks while we were there.  The only drawback:  no visit to EastSide Cafe.  That will *have* to happen next time!