Thursday, July 07, 2011

I Guess I Should Have Taken an Electronics Class

Tonight, on the ride home from Target, I was interrogated by my four year old about:
  • metal detectors
  • motion sensors
  • night-vision goggles
  • alarms

I was exhausted by the end of the car ride.  I usually am a bit mind-fatigued by the end of the day due to all of his questions during the day . . . and today he exhausted the thimble of knowledge that I had about all things electrical.

Our current plan, designed by Everett, is to make a motion/metal detector with a night vision accessory.  He  picked out the box to create it.  We'll use black marker for the plan and green marker for "the night goggles."  He thinks that I can really do this.  No matter how enthusiastically I try and help him understand that it will be pretend, he is convinced that we can make it for real.  Always about the possibilities.

I'm in deep trouble here.  maybe I can buy a kit.  and, um, no, he won't forget about it when he wakes up tomorrow.