We rented a house on Lake Dunlap and planned for a week of fun!
Erik and I took the chance of visiting around some of our favorite places in Austin on our way down to the reunion. It was great to continue the indoctrination of our UT fan club . . . and to eat at some of our favorite places.
We started with showing the boys UT. It was surprising to us that we hadn't been on campus for over 10 years. (I love the fact that they are trying to go Zero Waste on the drag . . . sigh, I miss Austin.)
We started at Kirby Cafe . . . and then roamed through campus showing the boys where each of us spent most of our time.
Notice that Everett is trying to keep Merritt from jumping in the water. Always the big brother!
A nice game of tag and groovy moves on the Six Pack Lawn.
Lots of places to play hide-n-seek.
We went to Zilker park for the train and the playground. Next time we'll have to jump in the water.
All the boys were excited about the balloon making clown.
Evy and Merritt got some pretty special balloons and Erik got some tips to help with our own balloon making.
A personal favorite, The Texas State Capitol Building.
Did you know I was a tour guide there? And, yes, there is someone working there that worked there when I was a tour guide which was over 15 years ago.
He *almost* got it and didn't realize how close he came.