Saturday, November 20, 2010

Texans vs Americans

A Hockey Game


Everett really enjoys hockey.  He wanted to go to a game for a birthday activity.

He invited Preston to come along, and that wonderful Moore family came up for the event.

Freebirds for dinner, yummy.



My sister and I were expecting that we would have to leave early with a couple of kids.  (The game didn't start until 7:30.)  We were wrong.

All the children were solid participants.  And, the baby, well, she was able to nap through all that noise.  Incredible!

And, there was POPCORN and FOAM HANDS!


Merritt danced, yelled, cheered, and enjoyed the game.



Evy, a bit disconcerted when the players fought, asked detailed questions to better understand why they fought, why were they put in time out, and how could fighting in a game ever possibly be smart.




Just a few clips:











The rest of the weekend was just like a big party.  Games, toys, running, awesome food, playing outside, the biggest paper airplanes possible, and making crayons were just few of the things we did.





The weekend ended with most of my family gathering for dinner.  I love that I can do that!