In an effort to, uh, (cough) avoid cleaning the office, I was on the website for my school district. I have kind of avoided looking too much at the schools because 1) Evy has another two years before kinder and 2) invariably, something is going to bother me about something they do . . . and, yes, I found something, or rather a lack of something that bothers me . . . .
But, the real reason for this post is on the 5th grade supply lists includes a 2.0 GB USB flashdrive. . . . I think of some of the schools I taught in and getting pencils was a major hurdle. wow.
just. wow.
I guess by the time Evy gets to 5th grade . . . 7 years from now, I'll have to get a laptop for him to drag around at school. I'm gonna have to get a gig that pays me in dollars by then.