Friday, April 23, 2010

We've got PRODUCE!

I'm happy to report that we've got some strawberries growing. Our tomato plants are flowering. Our beans are climbing. Our squash is crawling, and our herbs look herbish.

I'm sure I'm paying more for water than I would to just buy the produce, but Everett gets so excited when he looks out the window and shouts, "IT is GGROWing, Mom!"

And, Merritt is always ready to play in the water and the dirt.

We were at the Dallas Arboretum earlier this week. And, it was a marvelously, dewishous, beautiful day! Thanks to the gracious giving of our friends, we went along for the ride and played, picnicked, experienced the mists, and ran through Texas Town. The hills that the kids rolled down and scampered on where so green and refreshing. That place is so inspiring and really shows that "stuff" does really grow in Texas. It sure was a day to treasure as Texas heat is heading in.