Monday, April 12, 2010

Chills and Thrills

(I feel like I repeat myself every time when I say,"Busy week for us." I should just say BWFU and go on.)


Highlight was attending a Frisco RoughRider's Baseball game on Saturday with colleagues from Erik's work. We were able to watch from a party porch which was great since Merritt likes to roam. I think the other team won, totally wasn't paying attention except to distract Merritt with what was going on when he fussed, but we had a great time talking with friends.



The garden hasn't died yet, much to my surprise. Today will be in the mid-80s. Good time for it to die if it is going to.



Everett had another blood draw last week to check his liver functions and medicine levels. He did really, really well as they take three full vials of blood. His buddy for the event was a spinosaurus (and can Dinosaur Train PLEASE come out with some dinosaurs for sale at Target, preferably? I don't know what I am going to do when he wants a mircoraptor for his next "blood draw buddy").



I now have permission to get a composter!! Whhaooooo! I am very excited about this and, yes, that kind of makes me a nerd. Check out this beauty that we are trying to get this afternoon before some other guy beats us to it:



Erik and I have been busy trying to negotiate with a couple of hospitals and physicians for some obscene medical bills. And, thanks to Erik and his awesome ambassador skills (along with my research skills, of course) we have been blessed to shave almost $2,000 off the bills. Lesson (1) You can always try to negotiate. Lesson (2) Negotiate before ahead of time if possible. Erik, You Rock!

We have lots planned for this week. I hope to remember to take pictures and share.