Thursday I was hauling laundry up the stairs with Merritt crawling up right in front of me. Takes a long time for little ones to get up the stairs because they are difficult. Everett could see that the load I was carrying was kind of weighing me down.
"Mom, give some to me so I can help."
"Thanks, Evy, but Merritt is in the way. I think I've got it," I declined.
"If you give me some, I can make it easy for you!"
Merritt is busy adding words. He loves babies "ay--byyy". Almost every food item right now is requested by using the banana sign.
Pretty regularly, when I correct Everett,teaching him about safety or what is mean and nice. He'll take a step back after the interaction or after the time out and say,"Mom, I won't _____ again."
When I start making dinner, Everett runs over to ask if he can help cook. When I tell him what we are having, he'll repeat it screaming with joy and run to tell Merritt the menu. When Dad comes home, Everett runs to give Dad, gives him a hug, and tells him in a secretive hushed tone what the delicious dinner will be. "DEWIISHOUS!"