
Tomorrow is Pi Day. You know, 3/14 . . . or 3.14. Yes, it is terribly clever. (so here is Pi with a few more digits: 3.1415---guess how big this celebration will be on 3/14/15--oh, yeah!)
But, I was newly reminded of tomorrow by the arrival of a delish pie from a pie place in Round Top, Texas. Who would send a pie for Pi day? Who would be that genius? Well, this family.
.jpg)
I love how this family celebrates, and their celebration of Pi Day last year is no exception to how they embrace the fun things in life and teach their children how to have levity. (and, yes, I always misspell the word wierd, uh . . . weird, always--go see the comments to see what I am talking about)
BTW, Robby lived one street from me when we were young (like 5th grade to high school young). We were in several of the same classes, both of us played the french horn in band, etc. I know; I now feel sorry for him, too.
So get your math groove on tomorrow and join the rest of the growing masses that celebrate a little thing that goes on forever, is older than you think, and helps us calculate circular stuff (that's a totally mathematical explanation, can't you tell?).
The Sjolseth's Family Pi
.jpg)