THEN, I remembered that Everett had something to tell his Dad.
"Dad, Poop, Potty, Doc!"
Since we started potty training, Everett has known that if he goes "poop in the potty" he gets DOC. You know, from the movie Cars. Well, today the stars aligned for the big event.
Erik shared his delight with Everett about this step. When he got off the phone, Erik announced to his coworkers that his son "had his first poop." And, you know what? They all had stories about when their kids had their first poop in the potty.
Doesn't Everett Look So Proud


Yes, this was Everett's first step in becoming a man.
Potty training can be like one step forward, two steps back. But, just as long as we keep making that next step forward, we'll get there. As Erik said,"If he is still in diapers when he is 18, it won't be your fault." And, yes, it is kind of weird to blog about a first poop and won't Everett look askew at me when he runs for president and his opponent uses this entry against him somehow. That's okay; I'll be old, in dentures, and will be so excited that he isn't in diapers--I won't care because I'll be wearing adult diapers by then (yes, I am older than I look).